miércoles, 9 de junio de 2010

PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE

A: SUPPLY THE CORRECT PASTCONTINUOUS TENSE FORM OF THE VERBS IN PARENTHESE.

1._They______________ (eat) in the rsetaurant on the corner when i saw them.
( They were eating in the retsurant on the corner when i saw them.)
2._ It was raining (rain) when i left home.
3._When you telephoned, i was having (have) dinner.
4._ They were traveling (travel) in Europe when they heard the news.
5._ The baby was sleeping (sleep) soundly when i whent to wake him.
6._He was just ordering (order) breakfast when i went to his hotel room.
7._I got sick while we were driving (drive) to my grandmother¨s
8._ He was working (work) in California when his father died-
9._I was just taking (take) a nap when you called.
10._She was talking (talk) with Mr. Samuels when i saw her in the hall.
11._ The accident happened while they were traveling (travel) in Greece.
12._ The flght attendant fell as she was getting (get) into a taxi.
13._ The car was traveling (travel) at high speed when it approached the corner.

PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE

IN THE FOLLOWING SETENCES, SUPPLY THE PAST TENSE OR THE PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE FORM OF THE VERBS IN PARENTHESES AS REQUIRED BY THE MEANING.

1._I _________________ (study) very diligently last night.
( I studied very diligently last nigh.)
2._ I ___________________ (study) last when you called me on the phone.
(I was studiying last night when you called me on the phone)
3._ While i was going (go) home last night, i saw a bad accident.
4._ I went (go) home last night by bus.
5._We drove (drive) to an amusement park yesterday.
6._We was driving (drive) at about forty miles an tour when the accident happened.
7._ We were having (have) our dinner when you phoned.
8._We had (have) our dinner in Childs Restaurant last night.
9._ While I was coming (come) to work this morning, I met an old friend.
10._ I came ( came) to work on the bus this morning.
11._The winde was blowing (blow) hard when I came to work this morning.
12._ The wind blew (blow) hard this morning.
13._It rained (rain) hard last night.
14._ It was raining (rain) hard when I left the office at five oclock.
15._ The sun was shining ( shine) brigtly when I got up this morning.
16._ The sun shined (shine) brightly this morning.
17._ At seven oclock, when you teleponhed , I was reading (read) the newspaper.
18._ I read (read) two books last week.
19._ I was sleeping (sleep) soundly when the phone rang.
20._ I slept (sleep) soundly last night.
21._ June was play (play) the piano when I arrived

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Sergio

    You need more practice, but you can to learn very fast.

    Congratulation for your homework

    ResponderEliminar